Click for Chinese Translation
Join us for a truly unique Marlborough Sounds cruise experience.
Daily Marlborough Sounds cruises from Havelock Marina out into Pelorus and Kenepuru Sounds. This popular cruise has been operating over 8 years and consistently receives rave reviews. Check out the fantastic feedback on Tripadvisor.
Take in the natural beauty of this stunning environment, learn about the history of the Marlborough Sounds and the pioneering families who have settled here. Visit a Greenshell Mussel farm where your launch captain will explain how and why this delicacy grows so well in the Marlborough Sounds. While at the mussel farm we serve freshly steamed mussels with a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, a wonderful wine and food match in a beautiful part of Marlborough.
Departing each day from Havelock Marina over the summer season at 1.30pm. This is a short stroll from the Slip Inn Cafe in the middle of the marina. This is a superb place to have lunch prior to departing on the cruise.
Cruise on the Marlborough Travel luxury launch Galileo. This wonderful vessel is large and stable with all the home comforts of lounge areas and multiple viewing decks. A very nice way to cruise the Marlborough Sounds.
As we cruise out into the Marlborough Sounds you will be taking in the natural beauty of this stunning area. Your experienced skipper has a wealth of knowledge about the Marlborough Sounds and the people who live here. This informative commentary will keep you entertained as you cruise through the inner Pelorus Sound and into the Kenepuru Sound.
Cruise through a Greenshell™ Mussel farm where your skipper will explain why this delicacy grows so well in the Sounds. See the Mussels growing on longlines in the clean waters and learn how the mussel farmers get the mussels to grow on the ropes.
While at the mussel farm your will get to try the freshest steamed mussels, served with a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. This is a fantastic wine and food experience in a beautiful part of Marlborough. It really is a real "Taste of Marlborough" ..
Pricing and Details (Greenshell Mussel Cruise ex-Havelock Marina)
Check in: 1.15pm
Check in Location: MV Galileo at Havelock Marina - Jetty 1A
Cruise Duration: 3 Hours
Season: Daily from 1 Oct to Mid-April (Exception - Christmas Day, 25 Dec).
March 2014 - Cruises daily (Subject to availability)
- 1,2,3, April - Mussel Cruise daily from Havelock
- 4 April - Mussel Cruise sold out but Seafood Odyssea Cruise (Picton) available
- 5 April - Mussel Cruise and all other cruises sold out
- 6 April - Mussel Cruise sold out but Sounds Salmon and Songbird Cruise (PIcton) available
- 7 & 8 April - Mussel Cruise daily from Havelock
- 9 April - Mussel Cruise sold out but Seafood Odyssea Cruise (Picton) available
- 10, 11, 12 April - Mussel Cruise daily from Havelock
- 13 April - Mussel Cruise and all other cruises sold out
- 14 April - Mussel Cruise available from Havelock
- 15, 16 & 17 April - Mussel Cruise not available but Seafood Odyssea Cruise (Picton) available
- 18 & 19 April - LAST TWO Mussel Cruises available for the Season
- 20 April - Sounds Salmon and Songbird Cruise (Picton) available
- 23 April - Seafood Odyssea Cruise (Picton) available
- 27 April - Sounds Salmon and Songbird Cruise (Picton) available
Cruise Pricing: Adult $115.00 per person, Child $39.00 per person (5 - 15yrs)*
Cruise operates on strict minimum and maximum numbers
Bookings are essential.
Group bookings and private group departures by arrangement.
For More Information on the Cruise Including Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q) Click Here
For More Information on Mussels and Mussel Farming Click Here
For More Images of the Mussel Cruise Click Here
For a Map of where we go in the Marlborough Sounds click here
Greenshell Mussel Cruise
Jetty 1A, Havelock Marina, Marlborough
Phone +64 3 577 9997
Freephone 0800 99 0800 (Within New Zealand)